Read full story here.
- Book a flight to Mactan International Airport in Cebu City. Major airlines like Cebu Pacific, Air Asia & Philippine Airlines have daily trips to Cebu. Travel time from Manila: 50 minutes.
- Take a taxi from the airport to North Bus Terminal. Travel time: 20-30 minutes.
- From Cebu City North Terminal, ride a Ceres bus bound to Maya Port in Daanbantayan. The bus trip will end in Maya Port. Travel time: 4-5 hours. Most buses are non-airconditioned so make sure to get a comfortable seat.
- Ride a boat from Maya Port to Malapascua. First trip leaves at 7AM while last trip going back to Maya Port is at 2PM. In the late afternoon during low tide, smaller boats will pick you up both in Maya Port and Malapascua since bigger boats can’t get in. Travel time: 45 minutes to an hour.
- Once in Malapascua, you can opt to walk for 15-20 minutes or ride a habal-habal to your resort.
ESTIMATED BUDGET: P6000 including flight
DAYS RECOMMENDED: 4 days
ACTIVITIES AND SIGHTS: Dive, snorkel, island hop, beach bum, beach volleyball, daytrip to Kalanggaman Island, cliff jump, watch the sunset, get lost.