Tiamban Beach is probably one of the best beaches in Romblon. Its crystal clear waters is perfect for swimming – great for kids and families. One great thing about this beach is the fact that it’s secluded and quiet. A trip to this beach is definitely worth it if you’re looking for a place to getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.
HOW TO GET THERE
- Ride a flight to Romblon (Tablas, Romblon). Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines offer daily flights to Tablas, Romblon. Use your GetGo points if to save on cash. Travel time: A little over an hour
- From the airport ride a jeepney/van to the town of Odiongan. Travel time: 1.5 hours. Take note that rides to the city center is scarce so you may need to reserve rides ahead of time. We rode a van to Odiongan town through Generoso Mercano 09296660553.
- From Odiongan port ride a jeepney/mini bus to bring you to San Agustin Port. Travel time: 3 hours. Jeepneys/Mini buses leave Odiongan port at around 2am.
- Upon arriving at San Agustin Port buy RORO or pumpboat tickets to bring you to Romblon Port. Travel time: 50 minutes – 1 hour.
- From Romblon Port ride a tricycle to Tiamban Beach Resort.
RORO/Boat options are also available from Batangas Port. Travel time is longer. We recommend booking a flight instead.
WHERE TO STAY
When visiting Romblon, Romblon we recommend staying at Tiamban Beach Resort. One of only few resorts located along the unspoiled beach. The only downside is, they do not have a restaurant so grabbing something to eat can be quite a hassle. Inform them ahead of time so they can prepare food for you. (This is not a usual service of theirs so buying food/meals at the town centre before heading to the resort is recommended.)
There’s a restaurant/bar nearby called Marlin Bar around 850 meters away (15-20 minutes walk). You may also ride a trike going to the restaurant. Tiamban Beach Resort only has two fan rooms. Reserve ahead of time. You may call 09993455962.
Here’s a list of hotels in Romblon, Romblon. (Make sure hotel is located at Romblon Island and NOT Tablas Island)
On our 4-day trip to Romblon we decided to visit Romblon, Romblon first. We made Tiamban beach as our base since we wanted to get away from the crowd. It’s also perfect since nearby is the famous Bonbon beach.
Upon arriving at Tugdan Airport in Tablas, Romblon, we decided to spend the night at Odiongan town first to rest. We stayed at Warf Manor (09177332672). The earliest mini-bus/jeepney from Odgiongan port to San Agustin Port is 2am so we left the hotel at around 1:30am to catch it. It’s quite an uncomfortable ride if you’re not used to traveling. Make sure to be at Odiongan port before the RORO from Batangas arrives.
From San Agustin port you may ride a RORO or a pumpboat (whichever’s available) to Romblon, Romblon. If you’re planning to go to Sibuyan, Romblon you may also buy your tickets here. (Pumpboats to Sibuyan stops at Romblon before continuing to Magdiwang Port in Sibuyan).
From Romblon Port ride a trike to Tiamban Beach Resort south of the town centre. Do not forget to stock up on snacks and meals before heading to the resort. (An alternative beach would be San Pedro Beach Resort at Talipasak Beach, north of the town)
- Transportation: 200/head Van from Airport to Odiongan City center, 150/head Bus from Odiongan to San Agustin Port, P100/head Boat ride from San Aguston Port to Romblon, Romblon Port
- Accommodation: 1k/night at Warf Manor, 1k/night at Tiamban Beach Resort
- Others: P10/head Terminal fee at San Agustin Port
- Bring cash. There’s an ATM at Odiongan town (Tablas, Romblon) . Make sure you have enough before exploring other islands (Romblon, Romblon or Sibuyan, Romblon)