BONBON BEACH SANDBAR, ROMBLON
Bonbon beach is a secluded beach paradise in Romblon, Romblon. It is very famous for its long white sand beach and sandbar. Though well-known, only a few visit Bonbon beach so there’s big chance you’ll have the beach all to yourself. So if you want to truly getaway, dropping by here is a must!
HOW TO GET TO BONBON BEACH, ROMBLON
- Ride a flight to Romblon (Tablas, Romblon). Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines offer daily flights to Tablas, Romblon. Use your GetGo points if to save on cash. Travel time: A little over an hour
- From the airport ride a jeepney/van to the town of Odiongan. Travel time: 1.5 hours. Take note that rides to the city center is scarce so you may need to reserve rides ahead of time. We rode a van to Odiongan town through Generoso Mercano 09296660553.
- From Odiongan port ride a jeepney/mini bus to bring you to San Agustin Port. Travel time: 3 hours. Jeepneys/Mini buses leave Odiongan port at around 2am.
- Upon arriving at San Agustin Port buy RORO or pumpboat tickets to bring you to Romblon Port. Travel time: 50 minutes – 1 hour.
- From Romblon Port ride a tricycle to Tiamban Beach Resort.
- Bonbon Beach Sandbar is walk-able from Tiamban Beach Resort.
RORO/Boat options are also available from Batangas Port. Travel time is longer. We recommend booking a flight instead. If you’re staying at the town centre, just ride a tricycle going to Bonbon beach (south of town). It will only take around 10 minutes to get there.
WHERE TO STAY
When visiting Romblon, Romblon we recommend staying at Tiamban Beach Resort. One of only few resorts located along the unspoiled beach. The only downside is, they do not have a restaurant so grabbing something to eat can be quite a hassle. Inform them ahead of time so they can prepare food for you. (This is not a usual service of theirs so buying food/meals at the town centre before heading to the resort is recommended.)
Bonbon beach is walk-able from Tiamban Beach Resort. We recommend staying here if you plan to visit the famous beach/sandbar.
There’s a restaurant/bar nearby called Marlin Bar around 850 meters away (15-20 minutes walk). You may also ride a trike going to the restaurant. Tiamban Beach Resort only has two fan rooms. Reserve ahead of time. You may call 09993455962.
Here’s a list of hotels in Romblon, Romblon. (Make sure hotel is located at Romblon Island and NOT Tablas Island)
We stayed at Tiamban Beach Resort during our trip in Romblon, Romblon. It was the perfect “hotel” choice because it was very near the two beauties – Tiamban Beach (Read: Tiamban Beach: One of the Best Beaches in Romblon, Romblon) and Bonbon Beach sandbar.
Apart from the famous Tiamban Beach, Bonbon Beach is also a must-visit in Romblon, famous for its long white sand beach and sandbar. From Tiamban Beach Resort, you may walk along the main road going to Bonbon Beach (just follow the highway towards the town centre, you will see the entrance to your left.) or walk along the shore for a unique adventure.
From Tiamban Beach Resort, walk right along the beach. You have to work your way through the rocky outcrop at the end. You’ll be surprised with another empty beach perfect for swimming. Continue to the end of this beach then make your way again over the rocks until you reach Bonbon Beach. Notice the rocks closely, there are sometimes patches of marble sandwiched in between.
Both sides of Bonbon beach are perfect for swimming. It’s a very long white sand beach so finding a perfect spot to relax is very easy. Don’t forget to bring a malong or towel. Also be careful of some thorny plants along the beach. You may find shade on the opposite side, the beach nearer to the highway.
The sandbar extends to the sea where both beaches meet. At very low tide, some locals say that the sandbar is so exposed that you can walk towards the small Bangug islet. It’s best to visit Bonbon beach early in the morning or late in the afternoon. If you’re staying at Tiamban, you may have to walk through the highway on your way back if you stay late.
- Transportation: 200/head Van from Airport to Odiongan City center, 150/head Bus from Odiongan to San Agustin Port, P100/head Boat ride from San Aguston Port to Romblon, Romblon Port
- Accommodation: 1k/night at Warf Manor, 1k/night at Tiamban Beach Resort
- Others: P10/head Terminal fee at San Agustin Port
- Bring cash. There’s an ATM at Odiongan town (Tablas, Romblon) . Make sure you have enough before exploring other islands (Romblon, Romblon or Sibuyan, Romblon)